The Cardiac Surgery Department is part of the Regional Vascular Center (RVC), established to provide a high-tech medical care for patients with complex rhythm disturbances and conduction disorders of the heart.
The CS-Department is equipped with high-tech medical equipment for diagnostics and conducting the whole spectrum of arrhythmological intraoperative interventions: the Angiographic Complex Toshiba, the Robotic System Sensei X/Hansen for the endovascular arrhythmology operations, the System of non-fluoroscopic mapping of arrhythmias Carto 3, BSW, the Electrophysiological Lab Prika/General Electric, etc.
For diagnose and treat of heart rhythm disorders, a doctors of CS-Department use the most advanced intervention methods and various manipulations.
- Medical follow-up of patients with cardiac arrhythmias.
- Follow-up of implantable devices.
- Implantation of newest pacemaker and cardioverter defibrillator devices for many heart rhythm disturbances.
- Biventricular pacemakers, to improve left ventricular function, in patients with heart failure.
- Advanced mapping and ablation therapy in state-of-the art electrophysiology labs, for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, including pulmonary vein isolation in patients with atrial fibrillation.
Type of procedures for atrial fibrillation:
- Cryoballoon pulmonary vein isolation using newest devices.
- Radiofrequency catheter pulmonary vein isolation using non fluoroscopic mapping system.
- Robotic pulmonary vein isolation (Hansen medical).